Monday, May 4, 2015

Little's Lunches 19

Yum
Happy Monday! I had a great weekend filled with beautiful weather and a lot of relaxing, I hope you did too! We had baseball games, marshmallow roasting in the backyard and Louis and I even got to sneak away and have a winery date on Sunday!
My little bunny friend is still coming around and getting fatter each time I see him. Isn't he the cutest thing ever?!
Saturday night we grilled fajitas and had dinner and roasted marshmallows outside. It was delicious and I could have eaten just the grilled veggies by themselves and been happy. I used the Homesick Texan's recipe for fajitas and used it on chicken; it was delicious and so simple to make!
Monday: for lunch, we were stuck in the car all day through hail, a brutal tornado warning that gave me a panic attack and at least 1 hour of sitting stopped on the top of a bridge trying to get home from Louisiana. We snacked most of the day and stopped at Bucee's for sandwiches.
 Tuesday: Peanut butter Tortilla roll ups, baby carrots with ranch, coconut cashews, mandarin oranges for B and dried apple chips for M
 Wednesday: Black Bean and cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches, baby carrots, chex mix and coconut cashews
 Thursday: Shrimp and Crab Spring Rolls with Thai sweet chili sauce to dip, edemame and carrots, blackberries and cinnamon cooked apples
Friday: Wheat Pita Bread with Greek Yogurt Spinach Dip, coconut pomegranate chews, edemame with carrots and blackberries
I also found out on Friday, that I WON the grand prize for the Healthy Solutions Blogger Contest! Thanks so much to everyone who went and left comments on my recipe!
I also was very excited to receive my prize from the Avocados from Mexico contest!
Let's see how long I can keep this device from being loaded with kid games!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wins! And I have to say I am going to steal your idea of adding black beans to grilled cheese :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Biz!! Please steal away- it was delish!! I just mashed a drained can of black beans with some lime juice, hot sauce, cumin, S&P and spread it on there after the cheese was melted- YUM!

      Delete

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...