Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Yummly Love

Yum
It goes without saying that my blog has been neglected lately. 
I knew that my son starting kindergarten would make him tired and very busy, but I had NO IDEA how much him starting school would affect my schedule! Between having a ton of fun with my Pampered Chef business, new kindergarten routine for M, new pre-school for B, swim lessons and soccer twice a week we are always on the go and by the time I would be able to photograph any food to share, it's dark outside!

Yesterday I received a very unexpected note letting me know that my
was featured on Yummly! A totally unexpected fun surprise which was the perfect thing to nudge me along and get back to blogging!

Thanks so much Yummly for featuring my soup, I can't wait to try out all of the other delicious soups included in your "Simple Soups to Warm You Up This Season" feature! It's perfect for this newly cool weather we've been enjoying!
Now, please don't judge me by the quality of this picture- remember how I said it's dark by the time we're eating?!
This is one of my new favorite "crazy busy day" meals that is so easy, healthy and delicious I promise you will love it!
In the morning I made the tzatziki sauce in my Manual Food Processor, one of my Pampered Chef faves, and threw it in the fridge. (If you don't have one of these and want one- email me, I can help you get one for a discount or free!!) Then when we got home all I had to do was cook the fish, warm the tortillas in the microwave and assemble the salads. Dinner was done in 15 minutes!

Greek Isles Fish Tacos
Easy Tzatziki Sauce:
1 garlic clove
¼ cup red onion
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ of a cucumber seeded and peeled
Juice of ½ lime
1 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Pampered Chef All Purpose Dill Seasoning

1 pound cod (or any firm white fish)
Salt and pepper
Pampered Chef Greek Seasoning

8 Flour tortillas
½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
2 cups salad greens

Place the garlic and red onion in the manual food processor. Pump the handle 3-5 times until diced. Add salt, pepper, cucumber, lime juice, yogurt and dill seasoning. Pump the handle 5-8 times until everything is mixed and place in the fridge until dinner is ready.

Season fish with salt, pepper and Greek rub. Heat a grill pan or large non-stick skillet on medium high heat and spray with kitchen spritzer. Cook fish 4-7 minutes per side until flaky, turning only once.

Once fish is cooked, put in warm tortillas with salad greens, top with Tzatziki sauce and olives and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...