Thursday, April 7, 2011

Snack Attack

Yum
Until very recently I was not an "active" person. I hate to sweat and I am very aware and willing to admit that I am lazy. One of the very first heated discussions my husband and I had was in a WalMart parking lot because I was convinced he was parking entirely too far away form the door and I didn't want to have to walk that much further. Of course, being the funny guy he is he literally parked in the furthest spot away from the store that he possibly could. 

guess what happened while we were shopping?

We heard thunder and lightning .........hehehe

He didin't think his little parking joke was so funny once he had to run the entire parking lot to get the truck and come back to get me during a thunderstorm. But believe me, I got the humor then.

So I was right, he was wrong. He got wet, I laughed. And now you know just how little I enjoyed physical activity. Until recently. I don't know how this happened still, but for the past couple months I have been taking hot yoga classes at least twice a week. And sweating while I do it. So when I get out of these 1 1/2 hour long classes of yoga in 90-95 degree heat I am starving. Really. I bring snacks with me and eat them in the car on the way home to get something to eat. Trying to think of something decent to scarf down after one of these classes, I came up with this dip (adapted from here) that I can just shovel in with crackers (or a spoon) and not feel guilty while doing it.




Garlic and Herb Vegetable Spread

3 wedges Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb spreadable cheese
1/4 c finely chopped celery
1/4 c finely chopped radish
1 tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp black olives, chopped
1 Tbsp green onion, sliced
1 Tbsp capers, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Stir all ingredients until thoroughly combined and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Tropical Flatbread

My second entry for Sam's Fresh Salsa Blogger contest only has 8 ingredients, takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish to make an...